Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Favorite Dinners

Blog #6

Dinner Ideas

Over the last couple of weeks I have shared breakfast and lunch ideas that will keep you on track.  Below I have outlined some of my favorite dinners.  Next week I will discuss adding exercise into your life.

Grilled salmon with steamed veggies and quinoa (pronounced kinwa) is one of my favorite dishes.
We marinate the salmon with Asian salad dressing or teriyaki dressing for half an hour and cook on the grill. An option is to smoke the salmon on a cedar plank for 15 minutes and then add the dressing for the last 5 minutes of cooking. The following day left-over salmon is exceptional. My wife steams seasonal veggies in chicken broth and then adds some garlic salt and lemon juice.
Use package instruction for cooking quinoa using broth for flavor.

Grilled chicken with grilled asparagus and peppers with a green salad is another favorite. Filet the chicken breast and marinate in Lawry's chipolte lime marinade for an hour or longer.  Grill for a few minutes per side as the thin chicken cooks quickly. When done add a squeeze of fresh lemon. I recommend you grill your veggies first on low heat.  They get brushed with olive oil, salt and a touch of garlic.

Grilled corn is a favorite side dish for my family.  Mix together olive oil, soy sauce, garlic and salt.  Brush mixture onto the corn - baste and turn while on the grill.

Sliced steak over a big salad full of arugula, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, artichoke hearts and avocado.

Please share some of your favorite, lean dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment