Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lunch Ideas

Blog #5
Dennis Matzkin MD

Last week I shared breakfast ideas and recipes that my wife and I enjoy regularly.  This week I promised to write about our lunch menu.

Lunch is a busy time of day for both of us so we have a simple repertoire. My wife makes the best turkey sandwich. We often eat salads leftover from dinner with grilled chicken or salmon on top, from the night before, or we will top with sliced turkey or tuna in water,  and vinaigrette dressings by Paul Newman. We enjoy soups by Publix, roasted tomato, and spring vegetable are our favorites. Our preferred take out is from Fresh2Order....usually a half soup half salad combination.  I prefer the tomato soup and Asian salad with fresh tuna, my wife loves the Mediterranean salad and the wild mushroom soup.  If we wind up at Subway, the meal is a 6-inch turkey or roast chicken, no cheese, on honey oat, lots of veggies, spicy mustard, vinegar and as a special treat, baked chips.

The Best Turkey Sandwich
Boars Head Cajun Style Turkey sliced thin
Half teaspoon light mayo and sweet mustard
Sliced ripe tomato
Small handful arugula
Two slices of Arnold Healthnut Multi grain toasted
(You know what to do)

I would love some new ideas so please feel free to post your favorite nutrition lunch ideas made at home or store bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment